New Process Engineer (Chemist)
1 day left
- Full Time
Barton Blakeley Technologies Limited manufactures nanomaterial and speciality chemical products from waste greenhouse gases (GHG) in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. The company is developing new systems for large scale carbon capture and utilization. There is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious team looking to introduce this beneficial method of reducing GHG emissions. Salary will be competitively based on candidates experience and capability to assist the team to achieve this goal, so we encourage experienced candidates to apply.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our Research and Development Team on a full-time basis as a New Process Development Engineer.
The chosen candidate will assist the team in the operational design, testing and evaluation from the component to system level as the overall proprietary technology progresses through introduction to service tests and on to mainstream production. The successful candidate will be ambitious and driven to succeed in both the day-to-day objectives as well as complete development of a new technology process. The successful candidate will need to be flexible and be prepared to work in new scientific areas of research and general process development. The candidate will need to be located close to Harpenden for the day to day and be prepared to travel to strategic industrial partners in the UK and EU from time to time to assist in trials.
The successful candidate will need to have a positive and proactive approach to the task to fit with the teams dynamic and be comfortable to work in a demanding but rewarding environment.
Experience and Skills:
• Experience in gas phase reactions or electrochemistry is essential (kinetic analysis is beneficial)
• Experienced to build/spec and maintain gas conveyance systems and components is essential.
• Must have experience covering early TRL research and early industrial phase introduction of technologies or processes.
• Experience in industrial scale manufacture of metal oxide nanomaterials especially in surface modification is very desirable.
• Experience in using FlowSuite (Bronkhurst) or equivalent process monitoring software packages is desirable.
• CAD/CFD modelling capability on Solidworks, CATIA or equivalent is desirable.
• Experience in analytical work, review and use of instruments (spectrometry, Chromatography is desirable.
• Experience in gas phase membrane separation is beneficial but not essential.
35 hours per week
This is a 3 Month long initial internship with a view to being brought on full time.
This internship is funded by the Royal Society of Chemistry's graduate internship grant scheme.
Apply for New Process Engineer (Chemist)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly