Would you like to work with the Royal Society of Chemistry’s Education Publishing team and provide editorial support for our development of new educational resources?
The Royal Society of Chemistry has an opportunity for an Editorial Assistant to join us on a temporary (12 months) full-time (35 hours per week) basis. This role is based at our Cambridge Science Park office, with some working from home and travel for meetings, events and conferences expected, in line with guidance.
In this role you will support our Education Publishing team, providing day-to-day customer service around our offering and administrative support, including monthly reporting, setting up meetings and supporting financial processes. You will also provide editorial support for our development of new resources, including a Global Experiment, and Education in Chemistry magazine. Working with colleagues across our education teams you will contribute to the engagement of teachers and success of our programmes, including Teach Chemistry.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists and the world’s leading chemistry community. We are a prestigious not-for-profit publishing and knowledge business, educating future generations of scientists, for the benefit of science and humanity. In the UK, we are the largest non-governmental funder of chemistry education. The goal of our Education Publishing team is to provide relevant and useful advice, resources, and practical support to educators and their students in schools, colleges and universities.
We are looking for:
- Excellent written English and communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to customer service.
- The ability to cultivate and maintain positive relations with customers and other stakeholders.
- Strong interest in science education and outreach.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage competing demands and workload.
- A-level, or equivalent, in chemistry.
- Some experience of proofreading, editing or digital content management.
- Experience in education publishing.
- Experience in science education.
- Knowledge of UK and Irish school education systems.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we support development and offer excellent benefits.
If interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Download the full job description here.