Teacher Fellow - Wales
The Royal Society of Chemistry is looking for a Teacher Fellow to work with us to help provide chemistry guidance for teachers on the implementation of Curriculum for Wales 2022.
This Fellowship opportunity is available on a temporary part-time or full-time (21-35 hours per week) basis to cover maternity leave, to start by 1 September 2021 at the latest.
The role may require travel throughout Wales to visit schools, meet and work with stakeholders and attend events, as necessary. This may involve weekends and non-core working hours.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- A degree in science, preferably in the chemical sciences, or an equivalent qualification, with a solid understanding of school level, further, and higher education and Wales education systems.
- A teaching qualification and either current or recent experience in schools and an understanding of best practice in curriculum development in relation to chemistry.
- Ability to conduct research work, compile and analyse information, with close attention to detail and high standards of excellence.
- Good communication, team working, organisational, presentation skills and project management skills.
- The ability to work independently and adapt to new circumstances.
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Awareness of applications, and contexts involving, chemical sciences in Wales and beyond.
- Computer and IT systems literate.
- Welsh speaker.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date. If you would like to apply on a secondment basis, please confirm that this is suitable with your employer. Please include your availability to start and days that you are available on a regular weekly basis in your application.
View and download the full job description here.