Do you want to use your writing skills to make a positive difference in the world?
Are you inspired by the thought that you could help a global not-for-profit organisation use the chemical sciences to shape a better future?
Has a typo or inconsistency ever managed to get past your eagle eyes?
The Royal Society of Chemistry gives thousands of people the support and resources required to make vital advances in chemical knowledge. Through the various strands of our non-profit activities we develop, recognise and celebrate professional capabilities, and we bring people together to spark new ideas and new partnerships. We support teachers to inspire future generations of scientists, and we speak up to influence the people making decisions that affect us all.
We’re looking for a talented writer to join our in-house Creative & Production team of designers, production support, multimedia experts and specialist copywriters. You will be creating campaign copy to attract and motivate a wide variety of audiences, including students and teachers, librarians and technicians, business leaders and award-winning researchers.
You’ll need to be flexible, committed and creative. You’ll need to enjoy working with and influencing a wide range of people. And (most importantly) your love of writing and language should sing out in everything you do.
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Send us an application if:
- you can write clear, persuasive, concise and grammatically correct copy to meet a brief and engage specific audience groups
- you understand the importance of brand consistency, can apply this to your own work and encourage others to do the same
- you can work well both independently and with a group of creative specialists to agree, develop and deliver impactful campaign stories
- you can think about the difference tiny changes can make while keeping the big picture in mind
- you are keen to use your expertise to translate technical, scientific information into messages that appeal to a broad range of people
Scientific knowledge can be useful if you have this in your background, but your skill with words is what we need above all. We will ask you to share examples of your written work if your application is successful.
While this role is based at our Cambridge office (free onsite parking and close to the guided busway and Cambridge North railway), you will need to be able to initially and occasionally work from home within the UK.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry we offer a great work environment and excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by our closing date and include an example of a successful piece of your promotional written work and your cover letter in your application.
View and download the full job description here.