Chemistry Team Leader
- Full Time
Chemistry Team Leader Job Advert
Job Title: Chemistry Team Leader
Reports to: Operating Officer
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Alderley Park, UK
Who we are
Globachem is an international, agile, and dynamic family-owned global agrochemical business specialising in developing, registering, and marketing high quality chemical and biological crop protection products for agriculture and horticulture. This means that we are contributing to the world’s future food supply ensuring the production of sufficient safe food for the worlds growing population.
Globachem Discovery is the UK based division of the Research & Development department of Globachem, and operates in the early phases of the R&D pipeline, creating new molecules and lead chemical series. After initial biological efficacy testing and early toxicology assessment, the molecules move to the Belgian R&D division for further development into highly effective and economic crop solutions.
We have fantastic employees who make up the Globachem team, and we acknowledge that our employees are the Company’s most valuable asset, and the key means by which we can achieve our goals of continued growth and innovation.
Together we are going to change the world – which I’m sure you’ll agree is something exciting to be a part of!
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a motivated and innovative team leader to join the Globachem Discovery team. The focus of the role is to lead a team of high-quality chemists through novel and exciting agrochemical projects, and work in collaboration with both the R&D and Product Development teams based in the company HQ Belgium.
The key responsibilities for the role are as follows:
- Responsible for the delivery of target project compounds through supporting and coaching of team. You must be able to effectively utilise available resources to optimise productivity.
- Apply broad technical experience and knowledge and be able to coach to support project work.
- Actively contribute to lead generation and lead project strategy, pushing to generate the key data to progress the projects.
- Communicate complex results and knowledge within project team and work with internal and external collaborators.
- Target design that addresses project critical stress factors by incorporating broad data inputs. Influences the chemistry and research of other project team members and across projects.
- Independently devise efficient and versatile routes within the most complex and challenging chemical areas. Conceive, develop and implement new methodologies that significantly impact the project.
- Identify and exploit new technologies to enhance functional capability.
- Identify key external networks and collaborators.
Key skills and Qualifications
- Experienced PhD chemist, or an experienced graduate, previous experience in agrochemical research is desirable but not essential.
- Industrial experience working in agrochemicals or pharma where R&D principles are important.
- Experience leading and developing others through coaching and mentoring.
- Advanced technical knowledge and execution
- Strong networking skills and the ability to communicate well with key business partners and collaborators.
What’s in it for you?
A great future!
Globachem offers you an interesting job with real responsibilities in a growing and financially healthy family business that has a great future ahead. This is an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team, in which you can develop with training and experience, as part of a dynamic company. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th April 2021.
Apply for Chemistry Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly