Group Services Leader
DeepMatterTM aims to revolutionise how chemistry is done by providing experimental recipes and recording real time data to improve productivity and discovery for scientists worldwide. Our InfoChem brand is a world leader in Cheminformatics and Retrosynthesis planning.
We are a vibrant, high-growth technology company with one development team based in the centre of Glasgow and one team based in Munich. Both teams have been working predominantly remotely since covid-19 and remote team working will continue to be a key feature.
The role holder will oversee the services team across DeepMatter Group ensuring they deliver on time, to budget. Reporting to the COO, owning customer trials, project delivery, consultancy engagements, pre-sales technical support and 1st line support activities. The role holder will develop and roll out structured processes for service delivery and management to enable consistently high performance and clear visibility to the executive group. This exciting role would be based in either Glasgow or Munich and will involve travel between group sites. Our team have been working predominantly from home recently and we expect a mixture of remote and office based working going forward.
- Day-to-day management of the services teams, and processes to deliver business objectives across our software, hardware and consultancy capability, including;
- Customer trials,
- project delivery,
- consultancy engagements,
- pre-sales technical support and
- 1st line support activities
- Rapidly recruit new staff as required for growing organisation and retain existing through management and motivation
- Ensure successful delivery of contracted services to customers around the world;
- Continually improve delivery processes to increase delivery capability and customer experience;
- Effectively plan based on available capacity across multiple sites to produce clear and deliverable project and staffing plans;
- Regular clear reporting of plans and progress to management
- Be flexible to evolving business need and manage change as required;
- Drive a young dynamic growth environment, its development and processes, whilst maintaining and enhancing our vibrant start-up feel;
- Drive productivity and efficiencies through team engagement and appropriate methodologies.
- Work with management and the wider team;
- With Sales Managers to scope and prepare quotes for customers
- With Product Manager to align product availability to contract requirements
- With Finance Director to produce revenue reporting and forecasting
- As a part of the senior management team provide some local team management in Munich
Key Skills, Experience & Requirements
- Fluent German and English language skills
- 3+ years' experience in IT sector with 2 or more in leadership role managing teams, budgets, and planning projects;
- Experience working with customers at senior management level
- Experience in contract review and setup
- Experience of various project management methodologies, flexibility to apply the right tools for the job;
- Experience of managing flexible resource pools: permanent staff or contractors;
- Ability to hire, train, retain, motivate and manage staff;
- Belief and commitment to deliver to milestones;
- Experience of creating and overseeing budgets and concise progress reports to senior management;
- Background in cheminformatics/knowledge of the cheminformatics ecosystem is highly desirable
- Background in Life Sciences is beneficial
- Preferred location Munich, with German and English language skills, preferably native German speaker
- Role may require up to 40% travel typically between group sites, though remote working practices will reduce this requirement.
Apply for Group Services Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly