Sitryx Therapeutics Limited is an immunometabolism company focused on applying breaking science relating to the manipulation of metabolism and metabolic reprogramming to develop disease modifying therapeutics targeting:
- Immuno-oncology: limiting the growth of cancer cells by enhancing anti-cancer immune responses and/or recruiting tumour metabolic activity
- Immuno-inflammation: switching immune cell activity from a pathogenic to a homeostatic state to treat inflammatory and autoimmune disorders
Sitryx recently signed an exclusive global licensing and research collaboration with Eli Lilly and Company to develop disease-modifying therapeutics in immuno-oncology and immuno-inflammation. Sitryx received an upfront payment of $50 million for this 5-year collaboration and will study up to four novel preclinical targets identified by Sitryx.
Working with the four existing members of the Chemistry Department and various UK and overseas Contract Research Organisations (CROs), the successful applicant will be responsible for driving medicinal chemistry projects and coordinating synthetic chemistry activities to ensure the delivery of high quality small molecule development candidates within competitive timeframes, while safeguarding the Company’s intellectual property by advancing its patent estate.
- Manage remote teams of medicinal and synthetic chemists at CROs efficiently.
- Integrate project biology, DMPK, safety and toxicology data to enable successful hit-to-lead and lead optimisation campaigns through outstanding molecular design.
- Draft patent applications through collaboration with external patent attorneys and Contract Research Organisations.
- Work collaboratively within the Company’s project teams, with colleagues in biology and with external collaborators such that objectives are met in a timely manner through the development of effective project plans.
- Communicate strategies effectively, interpret and summarise complex data for presentation to different audiences.
- Prioritise work according to project goals and take responsibility for the timely delivery of objectives.
- Keep up to date with state-of-the-art technologies and knowledge of developments in medicinal chemistry and project-related areas of immunometabolism.
- Strong track record of delivery and at least 12 years’ experience in an industrial drug discovery environment;
- Inventorship on patent applications exemplifying biologically-important molecules;
- Managing remote teams of medicinal and synthetic chemists at CROs;
- Exceptional knowledge of synthetic and medicinal chemistries supplemented by a solid understanding of biological signalling pathways, structure-based drug design and ADME optimisation in drug discovery;
- Experienced in all stages of the interdisciplinary drug discovery process from target selection and hit identification, through hit-to-lead and lead optimisation, to the delivery of development candidates; and,
- Proficiency in assessing the patent landscape and independently driving patent filings to protect the Company’s intellectual property.
• background in oncology and/or immunology;
• project leadership experience and familiarity with chemical development activities;
• strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences;
• demonstrable use of SBDD to progress projects through the application of docking/modelling software. Proficient with PyMOL, Flare and similar modelling programs; and,
• an ability to work in a fast-paced, virtual, “start-up” environment.
- Personal Leadership:
- Collaborative and emotionally intelligent with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Takes initiative and responsibility for actions.
- Team Focus:
- Superior communication abilities, including active listening
- Familiar and comfortable communicating with CROs in person via face-to-face meetings and remotely through videoconferences and emails.
- Ability to manage change and provide motivational support / development of others as appropriate
- Delivery Excellence:
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Demonstrates commitment to goals and a sense of urgency in fulfilling ambitious objectives
- Displays genuine respect for alternative views
- Adapts personal style to context
- Forward thinking and able to adjust plans/ priorities accordingly
In return we offer
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and rapidly growing team.
We consider all applications on merit and have a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity of our staff.
We have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in the UK (we are able to consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Tier 2 visa).
To apply, please send us your cover letter and CV (including the names and addresses of two referees) through the portal on our website, by selecting “Apply for this role” at www.sitryx.com/careers/.