Analytical Development Analyst
Analytical Development Analyst
Brighton (Moulsecoomb) East Sussex
We are recruiting for an Analytical Development Analyst to join us during an exciting time of growth and expansion to work within our Development Team.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have a chemistry background and demonstrable experience in a quality control or development environment in the pharmaceutical industry or related sector. You will also be familiar with pharma laboratory equipment, techniques, procedures and documentation systems. You will be aiming to continue to develop your career within a Laboratory environment in pharmaceuticals.
About CPS (Custom Pharmaceutical Services)
CPS is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, MIA(IMP), MS, WDA(H), API and ManA. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulations including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing are under construction at a site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
About the role
You will be responsible for:
- Hands-on analyses and timely approval of analytical reports to deliver the stability testing plan and support routine production, validations or investigations
- Development of in-house or externally supplied analytical methods for existing and new products to ensure suitability for consistent routine use
- Analytical method transfer or development performed and reported to meet requirements of all internal and external customers, company and statutory/regulatory requirements
- Participating in, and ensuring the authorisation and output of consistently accurate data and analytical reports through the conformance with current principles of GMP/GLP
Initially the role will work a day shift from 8.00am to 16.30pm then an alternating shift pattern of early and late shifts comprising:
Early - 6.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Thursday and 6.30am to 1.20pm Friday
Late - 1.00pm to 10.00pm Monday to Thursday and 1.00pm to 5.20pm Friday
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree level qualifications in Chemistry or closely related Science discipline
- A chemistry background and have previous experience in the area of method development, method validation, method transfer, stability testing
- Considerable experience within a QC or development environment in the pharmaceutical industry
- Analytical validation experience
- An understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Laboratory Practice
- A familiarity with laboratory equipment/ techniques/ procedures and documentation systems
- Understanding of specific analytical regulations from the British Pharmacopeia or other relevant pharmacopeias.
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow written procedures with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to prioritise work load
- Work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work effectively as a team member or as an individual
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Flexibility to meet changing priorities
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel
Benefits package includes: 23 days holiday; pension; life assurance; health plan: bike to work scheme and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.