Placement Analytical Chemist
We are able to offer a 12-month placement for an Analytical Chemist studying for a degree in Chemical Sciences. The post holder is expected to have a strong interest in surface chemistry, electrochemistry and coatings. The role will include the development of novel micro-scale coatings for the improvement of heat-exchanger performance.
With world-wide use of air conditioning and other energy-hungry cooling systems growing year on year, the demand on global generating capacity is becoming significant. Today, cooling systems alone emit 7% of total GHG and consume 17% of worldwide electricity, numbers projected to double by 2030. New technologies are urgently needed to reduce the impact of these systems.
Oxford nanoSystems develops advanced and highly innovative coating technologies that enable heat exchangers to be made smaller, lighter, and more efficient – and at lower cost. Our mission is to drive improvements in the cost and environmental impact of cooling, heating and energy recovery systems.
We are looking for a talented, motivated individual to join our informal, innovative team.
The ideal candidate will be studying for a degree in Chemical Sciences
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of methods for analysing electrochemical Processes.
- Performing routine analysis of electrochemical solutions
- Designing procedures and experiments to provide thorough laboratory simulation of largescale coating processes to assist performance evaluation of developmental products.
- Working closely with the company’s technical/science staff in identifying and exploring opportunities to innovate development using range of materials.
- Leverage experiences and technical ‘know-how,’ skills, and techniques from external sources.
- Ability to conduct thorough research and document findings in well-organised manner quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to write scientific reports of laboratory experiments
Skills and Experience:
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a team of scientists, engineers and commercial people.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
Please email your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role to email@example.com
Please ensure that you have the right to work in the UK before applying to work with us. We are based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Closing Date 31 January 2021. Start Date 1 July 2021.