Hours:40 hours per week
Open To:Internal and External applicants
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Providing a comprehensive range of integrated drug development services including biomarker discovery and development, chemical development, pharmaceutical development and clinical trial supply. Almac’s drug substance business unit has over 25 years of chemistry experience focussed in the development and cGMP supply of small molecules and synthetic peptides. Almac is regarded as one of the most innovative drug substance providers in the industry and has an ethos of continual reinvestment, allowing year on year growth of our facilities.
Almac Sciences develop and manufacture drug substances that support toxicology studies, clinical trials and commercial supply to the marketplace. Almac are seeking plant chemists that work at the interface between development and production, aiding the transfer from laboratory to manufacture. The role involves liaising with process development chemists and transferring key information through to a manufacture setting, providing technical oversight and troubleshooting of processes.
- Ensuring that the information gained during laboratory development is transferred to the production team through clear, unambiguous communication of the key aspects of each process
- Be part of the multi-disciplinary team responsible for ensuring the safety and scalability of chemical processes
- Planning how a process should be performed in the manufacturing equipment
- Monitoring processes during manufacture and being a strong technical lead on a shift basis, offering guidance, and troubleshooting issues as they arise
This is an excellent opportunity for talented chemists to make a significant contribution to a growing business, helping solve both technical and logistical challenges. To assist in your career progression, you will have the opportunity to learn from in house experts in chemistry, analytical, engineering and manufacturing.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the chance to work for an innovative R&D company within the global Almac Group. As well as excellent training and development opportunities, we offer real potential for career progression and much more!
- BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry (or related discipline)
- Practical experience of: process chemistry safe scale up, and familiarisation of complex process development and scale up projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of analytical techniques, including HPLC and NMR
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- PhD in Chemistry (or related discipline) Good working knowledge of cGMP would also be advantageous.
- Previous experience of late stage validation projects
- Practical experience of a pre-approval inspection,
- Previous experience of the contract chemistry commercial environment
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
23rd November 2020 at 10.00 hours