Location: Southampton Science Park, Chilworth, Southampton, UK
Start date: 1st November 2020
Position: Full-time, for an initial period of 12 months
Holiday: 25 days per year plus bank holidays
Apply by: 9th October 2020
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a copy of your CV and a covering letter, describing how your experience fits with the advertised position
Renovos Biologics Limited
Renovos, a regenerative medicine company, is pioneering a nanoclay gel technology platform, for medical applications to address the unmet need for long-term tissue regeneration, offering safer, more economic clinical solutions for health systems, and better outcomes for patients. We develop novel formulations, manufacture and test nanoclay materials to be used in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine applications. We are increasing our range of R&D projects based on the nanoclay platform, and are looking to start to operate to ISO 13485:2016 medical device quality standards. Our lab is based at the Southampton Science Park and we collaborate closely with the University of Southampton General Hospital site, being a spinout from Southampton University. We are a team of 5 and we are looking to recruit exceptional scientists in R&D.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic R&D Chemist to join our team. You will be part of a growing and dynamic start-up environment and will need a strong ability to adapt to new challenges. The work will be heavily project oriented and you will be working closely with our scientific leads. You should be prepared to be able to think creatively and outside the box. You will operate a wide range of laboratory and testing equipment, follow SOPs, and keep accurate records of all work undertaken. A degree in Chemistry is required, and experience of working with clays and in industry preferred. The role will involve formulation and development of new nanoclay formulations. You will be part of a growing company and team, and opportunities to grow and develop beyond this role will be offered depending on your abilities and interests.
Your main duties will be:
- Formulation and development of new clay formulations
- Prepare samples for projects and collaborators
- Independently plan and execute technical projects and work programmes
- Perform quality testing on samples, investigate potential problems and quality concerns
- Perform process improvement actions
- Maintain adequate records and documentation, work to and maintain quality standards.
- Ensure the management team and appropriate team members are aware of issues or potential issues in a timely manner
- Work with the wider technical team to ensure the efficient running of the site
- Develop and maintain awareness in relevant technical fields, keeping up to date with trends
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Degree in chemistry
- Ideally experience in the chemical industry and/or inorganic synthesis
- Significant experience spent within an analytical environment and competent with a broad range of techniques including FT-IR, XRD, SEM, EDX, TGA and rheology
- An understanding of method development & validation
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach
- A hard-working and “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work in small teams towards a common goal
- Accountability for own of work
- IT proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way
Unfortunately, currently we are unable to obtain visas for non-Europeans and thus applicants will need the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Please note that any personal data submitted in the job application for this role will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related data protection legislation.
Apply for R&D Chemist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly