Electro Chemical Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
Barton Blakeley researches, develops, and manufactures valuable nanomaterials via advanced carbon capturing methods. Our goal is to drastically improve both the quality of product’s performances in industry and reduce or remove its impact on the environment. Barton Blakeley is looking for an individual to join our Fuel Systems Development Team on a full-time basis. The candidate will be expected to assist in various analytical and developmental testing of both the fuelling and product under development.
This work will require the individual to perform various tests for efficiency, including but not limited to calorimetry, spectral analysis including TEM, SEM, XRD RAMAN as required, and material characteristics testing for desired end use. The role will also include collaborative work with our academic partners and commercial laboratories for product manufacture and analytical evaluation. The ability to work independently, collaboratively and to strict time pressures is vital for the role. The ability to design , and test critical components of the overall systems is essential. The candidate should also possess good communication skills to ensure procedures run smoothly and with minimal error.
The ideal candidate will have:
- PhD or equivalent laboratory/field testing experience in combustion reactions and/or nanomaterial synthesis and characterisation.
- Experienced background in optical, electronic or chemical industrial manufacture using hazardous chemicals is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently, and in a team.
- Project management and work to strict deadlines.
- Experienced / background in Thermodynamics / Kinetics / Electrochemistry is desirable but not essential.
- Laboratory/industry experienced including testing with high temperature and high pressure systems.
- Capable of Matlab Scripting for data processing is desired.
- CAD experience is desirable but not essential.