2 days left
- Full Time
Barton Blakeley researches, develops, and manufactures valuable nanomaterials via advanced carbon capturing methods. Our goal is to drastically improve both the quality of product’s performances in industry and reduce or remove its impact on the environment. Barton Blakeley is looking for a talented individual to join our Fuel Development Team in a full-time role as a Combustion Specialist. The candidate will be expected to assist in various analytical and developmental testing of both the fuel mixture and fuelling system currently being developed.
This work will require the individual to perform various tests for efficiency and material fatigue, including but not limited to calorimetry, combustion efficiency, corrosion and temperature testing in lab conditions. Experience in gas phase combustion reactions, particularly with pyrophoric substances, heterogeneous catalysis and kinetic analysis is paramount. Experience in electrochemistry and nanomaterials characterisation is also beneficial. The role will include collaborative work with our academic partners in terms of project management, product design and development, and analytical work. The ability to work independently, designing and carrying out your experiments while collaborating with the rest of the team is paramount. Good communication is essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or similar.
- PhD or equivalent laboratory and research experience in combustion reactions of pyrophoric substances and catalysis/kinetics.
- Experienced background in optical, electronic or chemical industrial manufacture using hazardous chemicals is ideal.
- Ideally experience in nanomaterial synthesis, characterisation and electrochemistry.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team.
- Manage projects and work to strict deadlines.
- Laboratory experience including testing with high temperature and high pressure.
- Scale-up experience is desirable.
- Capable of Matlab Scripting for data processing.
This role is for permanent employment to start as soon as possible.