- Do you have a strong aptitude for practical chemistry?
- Do you want to be part of a fast-growing start-up in the exciting new area of smart textiles and wearables?
- Do you want to work for a company that rewards performance?
If you answered yes to all of the above, we want to hear from you as we have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join our dynamic team based in Teddington.
We are developing a patented new technology that offers significant benefits to producing e-textiles. We will be producing these e-textiles and demonstrators of the technology.
You will assist our team in producing samples, via a number of different processes that are chemistry based.
The position will involve; but is not limited to:
- Documenting and tracking samples through our testing programme
- Producing e-textile samples. This will involve aqueous chemistry based processing of the textiles.
- Practical skills in physical and inorganic chemistry
- Perform chemical analysis/optimisation of plating chemistries.
- You will be required to operate a textile printer
- You will be required to measure the resistance of the conducting pathways in the textiles
- You will investigate the robustness of the technology, by monitoring the effect of washing and abrasion on the textiles.
- You will write reports on the work
- You will keep the laboratory supplies stocked.
We will provide the required training, education and mentoring that will allow you to meet the requirements of the role and develop new skills to progress in your career.
Required skills and experience
- A degree in chemistry is desirable, alternative qualifications will be considered, however candidates with suitable experience or personal attributes will be considered. Full training will be given
- Good communication, problem solving, and organisation skills are essential
- Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decisions
- Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
- Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
- Highly energised mind-set with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually
- Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
- Fosters integrity and honesty
- Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Confident communicator (written/ oral) and able to build rapport quickly and effectively
Apply for Laboratory Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly