Associate Director - Medicinal Chemistry
Associate Director – Medicinal Chemistry
We are currently working with an award-winning drug discovery company in the East Midlands who are looking to recruit an Associate Director of Medicinal Chemistry.
As an Associate Director you will support the strategic leadership of the Chemistry department. Having extensive experience in medicinal chemistry, project management and leadership you will oversee several projects and multidiscipline teams (including DMPK Scientists, Medicinal Chemists, Bioscientists and Computational Chemists) to ensure departmental & company objectives, along with client projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Take a leading role in the Medicinal Chemistry department strategic plans, development and resource management.
- Act as Project Director having a ‘senior’ oversight on project design and strategy.
- Manage and lead groups of Scientists being responsible for their career development.
- Promote collaborative working between departments.
- Having expertise in a therapeutic area or scientific process you will act as a subject matter expert for the company.
- Lead and implement strategies to support overall business growth.
- Provide financial oversight and input into all project activities (quotes, project reports and presentations).
- Represent the company externally in at least one key scientific body.
- Lead the recruitment of new Organic Chemists.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry.
- Extensive experience leading drug discovery projects.
- Experience in defining strategies for drug discovery programmes from HTS lead generation to hit-to-lead and/or lead optimisation phases.
- Worked in a strategic leadership role with a proven track record in successful performance management and employee development.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders/ divisions you will have excellent engagement and influencing skills at senior management level.
If you are interested in joining this highly successful and award-winning company please send your CV to Peter at Rowland Talent Solutions.
Apply for Associate Director - Medicinal Chemistry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly