Plant Chemist (Shift)
Shift Plant Chemist
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB5120
Business Unit: Sciences
Open To: Internal and external applicants may apply
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Operations team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, your main role will be to be the process scale up expert for your shift to aid the transfer of chemical processes from the laboratory into the GMP Manufacturing Plant. This will be achieved through close working with the production staff, development chemists, chemical engineering, solid state group, HSE and other supporting departments to ensure that the laboratory chemistry is safe, and suitable for scale up.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
Please note the shift pattern will be 3 week rotational covering days, evenings and nights.
- BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry (or related discipline)
- Practical experience of: process chemistry safe scale up, and familiarisation of complex process development and scale up projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of analytical techniques, including HPLC and NMR
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- PhD in Chemistry (or related discipline) Good working knowledge of cGMP would also be advantageous.
- Previous experience of late stage validation projects
- Practical experience of a pre-approval inspection,
- Previous experience of the contract chemistry commercial environment
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Westfield health benefit
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
15th October 2019 at 17.00 hours