Education Coordinator, Midlands / West Midlands
4 days left
- Accreditation Requirements
- Not specified
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) seeks an Education Coordinator to coordinate and promote our activities and to develop strong and effective networks of contacts across the education system, at a regional level, throughout the Midlands and East Midlands.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the largest non-government supporter of chemistry education in the UK, and our activities encompass formal and informal education from primary science in schools through to preparing for your next career move.
We believe that everyone should have access to a high quality chemistry education, which is engaging, inspiring and relevant. We invest in a number of projects and services to support chemistry teaching throughout the UK and Ireland.
As one of our Education Coordinators you will work with schools to increase teacher access to, and engagement with, the RSC’s products and services. You will also seek to influence and engage members to act as advocates for chemistry, highlighting best practice in schools engagement and public engagement activities within our network of local members.
This role is available on a full-time (35-hour week) temporary basis to cover maternity leave. You will be home based in the Midlands / West Midland and will travel extensively throughout the region as required, visiting schools, working with members, meeting stakeholders and attending events. This may involve weekends and non-core working hours.
We are looking for:
- A degree in science, preferably in the chemical sciences, or an equivalent qualification.
- Evidence of working with schools, ideally with a teaching qualification.
- An understanding of school level, further, and higher education and a breadth of knowledge of the education systems in the UK.
- An understanding of customer requirements, including those of: schoolteachers; school students; FE teachers, HE academics and support staff; HE students; careers advisors; employers; governments and its agencies, and non-government bodies.
- An awareness and understanding of the various types of school operating within the UK.
- Good communication skills, team working skills, organisational skills, presentation skills and the ability to work independently and be able to adapt to new circumstances.
- Experience of events management and stakeholder relationship management.
- An understanding and some experience of the requirements of employers of chemical scientists.
- Good project management skills and experience.
- Data input and analysis skills.
- Computer and IT systems literate.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support your development and offer excellent benefits.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
Download the full job description here.
Apply for Education Coordinator, Midlands / West Midlands
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly