Chief Technology Officer
Puraffinity is on a mission to address one of the biggest environmental & human health crises of the day by removing highly toxic chemicals from water & wastewater with an initial focus on Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS, PFCs) … and we need your help!
We are looking for a trustworthy, collaborative and knowledgeable CTO to join our senior leadership team for the next phase of growth. The CTO will take responsibility for R&D activities to develop and manufacture innovative materials from lab scale, through to pilot trials, and full scale deployments.The role will be based in our London Lab/Office Facilities (located on the White City campus of Imperial College London) but will also involve local and international travel.
This is a varied role encompassing a broad range of responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage, support and mentor our product technical teams (Product Development and Production) focusing on the engagement, motivation and growth of your colleagues as a team and individually;
- Create technical roadmaps and overarching strategy to align technical activities with overall business goals whilst addressing agreed Objectives and Key Results.
- Develop efficient tracking processes for monitoring performance, deliverable timelines and streamlining technical activities;
- Enable Puraffinity’s tech team to develop and grow our R&D capabilities, review existing equipment, resources and processes and implement changes/improvements where required;
- Keep a keen eye on technical developments in markets of interest, working closely with the commercial team on developing and maintaining cutting edge value propositions.
- Provide support to client engagements, develop and maintain strong relationships with our application development partners whilst actively pursuing key input from them;
- Lead on developing the company’s IP strategy to ensure we maintain a cutting edge approach and competitive advantage;
- Lead on organisational Health & Safety and accreditation.
If you think the above responsibilities could be the next step in your career, this is what we’re looking for in terms of experience and background:
- A PhD and/or Masters degree in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering or a related science field;
- Significant experience in a senior technical position within chemical, materials and science related sector that preferably involved scale-up and deployment of innovative new products/solutions;
- Experience managing, mentoring and guiding lab-based R&D teams;
- History of adaptable approach to project management and good delivery within constraints and resources of small high growth company.
If that sounds like you then you could be enjoying the following benefits:
- An attractive remuneration package including private health insurance and stock options;
- Joining a well-funded, innovative and mission focused scale-up from an early stage;
- Work in a world-class R&D facility with some of the most diverse minds in the water treatment field