Calibration and Archiving Officer
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a leading edge science consultancy offering research, analysis, training and consultancy to our clients globally, primarily blue chip food and pharmaceutical companies. We do with passion, integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver enhanced value to our clients.
Not only that but we’re supporting our parent company – Mondelēz International – where we operate as the Reading Science Center. That means we’re both agile and autonomous whilst enjoying the development and growth of being connected to the biggest snacking company in the world.
- To maintain and improve the RSSL quality system processes by ensuring all equipment is calibrated within the defined timescale and to the required level of quality.
- To assist RSSL, if required, at audits by clients and to assist at regulatory inspections, MHRA and UKAS in regard to calibration or achieving duties. Acting in a professional manner and exemplifying RSSL corporate image.
- To maintain clear and accurate records in accordance with the RSSL Quality System requirements.
- To perform calibration of balance check weights, thermometer, temperature loggers, timers and vacuum gauges to schedule.
- To arrange calibration of master Weights Micrometers Thermometers & vacuum gauges by accredited external suppliers.
- To be responsible for the assisting in running and maintenance of archive (documentation retention, archiving and retrieval of obsolete documentation) and interact with off-site storage houses used by RSSL for archiving.
- To review calibration certificates provided by external bodies, approve and upload them into the RSSL system.
- To work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- To ensure training records are accurate.
- Educated to GCSE / HNC level in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Good understanding of basic lab equipment.
- Well organized and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications
- Full current UK driving licence.
- Fluent in English
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please be aware that this role may require handling of materials that may contain chemicals, solvents and allergens, and the appropriate protective wear will be supplied.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107