Scientist II with GCMS - 12 month FTC
What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Purpose of the role
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Investigative Analysis laboratory performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation.
The role of a Scientist II is to undertake a practical role with possible supervisory responsibilities within the Lipids laboratory. Play a key role in ensuring that projects are performed and supervised effectively and accurately within agreed timescales and to appropriate quality standards. This role focuses on routine and investigative analyses of products and method development and validations using a variety of Wet Chemistry, GC and GC-MS techniques. Supervise and train junior members of the team as required. Client contact and administrative support for laboratory management.
- Perform a range of routine and investigative analysis using variety of Wet Chemistry and GC techniques independently and provide interpretation of results.
- Perform method development with support.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the GC and GC/MS.
- Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities and methods.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team.
- Participate in client and stake holders’ meetings as required and deliver presentations as required.
- Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects.
- Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions on a timely manner.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Educated to Degree or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Scientific understanding and ability to independently conduct chemical analysis in relevant area.
- Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements. Well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- Able to organise own work and others to maximise output.
- Experience of working with GC and GCMS systems, including troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Fluent in English (Written and spoken).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.