Scientist I - Wet Chemistry
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a leading edge science consultancy offering research, analysis, training and consultancy to our clients globally, primarily blue chip food and pharmaceutical companies. We do with passion, integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver enhanced value to our clients.
Not only that but we’re supporting our parent company – Mondelēz International – where we operate as the Reading Science Centre. That means we’re both agile and autonomous whilst enjoying the development and growth of being connected to the biggest snacking company in the world.
Please note that we have roles available working either an early shift pattern Monday to Friday 6 AM – 2 PM and a late shift pattern Monday to Friday 1 PM to 9 PM.
Purpose of the Role
- Perform a range of pharmacopoeial routine analysis using wet chemistry techniques such as UV, FTIR, titrations and gravimetric techniques under minimal supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
- Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse and OpenLab.
- Take responsibility as required for elements of specific projects and/or specific areas of general laboratory/sample administration.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- Assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Supervise and train a junior member of the team as required.
- Educated with a Chemistry related or Pharmaceutical Science degree.
- Experience in working with wet chemistry techniques under GMP or UKAS requirements.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- English fluency (written and spoken).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107