Publishing Assistant, Data
At The Royal Society of Chemistry we produce a successful portfolio of chemical information products, including Analytical Abstracts, a literature updating service up to date with the most recent developments across analytical science.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Publishing Database team as a Publishing Assistant. You will be responsible for creating and publishing records for Analytical Abstracts, as well as supporting the database team with administration tasks.
The successful candidate will play an important role in the selection of content and indexing of chemical terms. You will also be responsible for associated administration tasks including: data entry into a database system, publication of records, source list administration, and monitoring email inboxes. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of STEM publishing at an entry level position.
What you will be doing;
- The full production of Analytical Abstracts to ensure the timely publication to agreed weekly publication and currency targets in-line with agreed standards. Tasks will include:
- Selection of content and indexing of chemical terms;
- Associated tasks including data entry into a database system, publication of records, source list administration (hard copy, online & e-alerts), distribution of files to third-party vendors, monitoring publication and currency metrics, and monitoring email inboxes.
- Administration and production activities for other literature updating services and database products within the Data Team as required.
- Administering the hard copy acquisitions for all database products in a timely manner.
- Producing monthly database metrics reports (Excel graphs) for the database products and literature updating services, including usage statistics, to support the team in its activities.
Key knowledge and skills required;
- Educated to A-level standard, or equivalent, in a chemical science.
- Must be efficient and highly competent in the use of software packages and computer applications.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required, together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills in interacting with internal and external contacts are essential.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Experience of working with databases is desirable.