Membership Recruitment Representative
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) has an opportunity for a Membership Recruitment Representative to join us on a full-time (35-hour week) temporary basis, for four months. You will be based at our Science Park Cambridge office, with free onsite parking and frequent UK, and occasional international travel required in this role.
The Royal Society of Chemistry delivers a programme of recruitment and retention visits to academic institutions in the UK and overseas. As a Membership Recruitment Representative for the RSC, you will help ensure that our membership targets are met and growth is seen in the number of students joining the RSC as the appropriate professional body for their current studies and ongoing career.
This is a great opportunity, where you will frequently visit academic institutions in the UK, and occasionally overseas, with a particular focus on universities, where you will meet with a range of existing and potential members from undergraduate and FE students, through to senior professors and university administration, in order to recruit new members. This will include membership sales on a business to customer basis. To deliver this, you will need to hold or develop an in-depth knowledge of the products and services related to our membership.
As a Membership Recruitment Representative for the RSC, you will work collaboratively across our membership team and wider education and professional practice directorate. You should be able to effectively manage your own schedule, recognising opportunities for improving processes and proactively identifying opportunities to promote membership of the RSC at academic institutions.
We are looking for:
- A degree or equivalent (preferably in a chemical science subject).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially in networking and developing effective working relationships.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Experience in a customer focused environment.
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours.
- Will preferably hold a full UK driving licence.
- Understands the needs of academic communities, and in particular undergraduate students.
- Understands the importance of Royal Society of Chemistry membership and the Royal Society of Chemistry’s role as a professional body.
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers a great work environment and excellent pro rata benefits.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.