Analytical Chemistry Scientist
Role: Analytical Chemistry Scientist
Organisation: Scymaris Ltd
Location: South West
Scymaris Ltd are based at the Brixham Laboratory site located in Devon, England where specialized laboratory services have been provided for over 65 years. We provide high quality aquatic (marine and freshwater) ecotoxicology, environmental fate and analytical chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, agrochemical and chemical industries. Our goal is to help our clients understand the lifecycle of chemicals in our environment and the impact this has on the ecosystem.
Analytical Chemistry Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and validate analytical methods in support of ecotoxicology, environmental fate, physical chemistry and standalone studies.
- Prepare samples for analysis, using a variety of sample preparation tools.
- Author analytical method protocols, SOP’s and reports.
- Assist teams during client visits, external audits / inspections.
- Work independently and communicate effectively as part of a successful cross functional team.
- Take ownership of CPD by tracking and understanding emerging technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Contribute to the most effectual use of instrumentation, completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting; maintaining equipment inventories.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- A degree in Chemistry, Analytical science or a relevant field.
- Experience of working to GLP requirements (or other quality management system).
- Enthusiasm in science with a motivation of making contributions in a team environment.
- Extensive hand-on experience and trouble-shooting proficiency in mass spectrometry.
- Advanced knowledge of LCMS, GCMS, and a range of data handling software (e.g. chemstation, chromeleon, Xcalibur).
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Enhances department, organisation and individual reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Positive attitude, employing excellence in scientific services at the forefront of daily tasks.
This Job Description provides an overview of the principal accountabilities of the post and accountabilities will include but will not be limited to those detailed. It is anticipated that the content of roles will evolve and change over time and such the balance of duties within the job description will change within the broad remit of the post.
Scymaris Ltd is accepting applications from a wide range of industry and academic sectors.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
Apply for Analytical Chemistry Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly