Scientific Support Assistant - Master Data - Grade B3
- Full Time
For our Logistics team in European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM), Council of Europe, we are currently looking for a Scientific Support Assistant specialised in handling Master Data used in our knowledge database and in SAP.
If you have hands-on experience in handling and analysing scientific data including IUPAC nomenclature and you have an eye for detail, you are precise in your work and you know how to respond to client needs, we will be happy to welcome you in our team in Strasbourg.
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- completed a full course of general secondary education and appropriate post-secondary recognised national diploma in chemistry or biochemistry;
- experience of handling scientific data including IUPAC nomenclature and finding CAS numbers and professional experience in at least one of the following fields:
- procurement of chemicals;
- search of synthesis routes;
- scientific database completion;
- drafting of safety data sheets (or similar);
- good knowledge of one of the Council of Europe’s official languages (French) and knowledge of the other (English);
- good computer skills of standard tools in office applications (spreadsheet); capacity to master new IT tools rapidly.
What we offer:
- the opportunity to use your scientific knowledge while building your SAP skills - with more than 80% of the industry using SAP, this will help further your career;
- the chance to work in an ISO 9001 certified, multi-national/multi-cultural workplace - over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg (a UNESCO World Heritage site);
- income tax free salaries, an attractive benefits package including health insurance, additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate) and an annual training programme.
Applications must be submitted by 02/09/2019 (midnight French Time) at the latest.
For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.