Site Utilities Operations Manager
AWE are currently recruiting for a Site Utilities Operations Manager - High Voltage
You will be responsible for the delivery of safe operations, maintenance and supervision of contractors work activities within the HV and LV distribution Network. You will deliver minor project delivery of planned maintenance tasks and be involved in connections work onto the HV and LV distribution networks.
Location - Reading area
Package - £40,000-45,000 per annum subject to skills and experience
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
You will be required to:
- Provide leadership to staff, functional personnel and contract support personnel.
- To supervise and ensure plant is operated and maintained to meet legislative requirements within the area of appointment.
- To manage spend profiles as directed by the Network Team Leader.
- To deliver DFM duties within boundaries of authority and to provision reports as directed by the Team Leader.
- To deliver network services to meet business needs, targets and relevant KPI's.
- To safely manage plant failures, reinstate services where N+1 is available and liaise with the Team Leader for repair activities.
- To maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and to be a great team leader.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technician Based Apprenticeship.
- ONC with suitable additional experience.
- Additional qualifications specific to the network area.
- Fully conversant with the Network plant, corporate energy policies & strategies.
- Management of operational plant & teams.
- Ability to manage plant failures and deliver under pressure.
- Contractor engagement & supplier delivery
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.