TITLE: Synthetic/Medicinal Chemist (X2)
LOCATION: BioCity, Newhouse, ML1 5UH, UK
SALARY: Competitive salary and benefits package, relative to qualifications and experience
CLOSING DATE: 31st July 2019
Founded in December 2017, Amphista Therapeutics is an exciting spin out company from the laboratory of Professor Alessio Ciulli (University of Dundee). Amphista is pioneering an innovative targeted protein degradation platform which advances beyond current traditional approaches in the field to discover and develop novel drugs to treat cancer and other serious medical disorders.
As part of our next phase of growth, we are seeking two experienced, creative and highly motivated medicinal chemists to join our multi-disciplinary, collaborative team to support our small molecule drug discovery programs.
This will be an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing and dynamic company operating at the cutting edge of protein degradation to develop first in class medicines.
Reporting directly to the Senior Research Chemist, responsibilities include:
- Design, synthesis and optimization of novel protein degraders to clinical candidate.
- Critically analyse project data and contribute ideas that will drive projects forward.
- Support the continuing development of Amphista’s protein degradation capabilities
- Analyse assay and pharmacokinetic data to design and synthesise new target compounds.
- Prepare verbal or written reports as required.
- PhD in a chemical science related discipline with at least one years’ experience in an industrial or postdoctoral setting, or a BSc in chemistry, with 3 or more years’ experience of medicinal organic chemistry, ideally in the BioPharma industry.
- Proven expertise in synthetic chemistry route design and in carrying out synthetic organic chemistry.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and effective team working with a ‘can-do’ approach to problem solving.
- Track record of working with other disciplines and teams in a constructive, flexible and collaborative manner
- Proven track record of delivery from your own experimental work
In addition, it would be desirable that the successful candidate has:
- Understanding and appreciation of the drug discovery and development process gained in a Pharma or Biotech setting.
- Experience with characterisation of protein-ligand complexes by biophysical techniques or with targeting protein degradation pathways.
- Prior drug discovery experience in the fields of oncology, inflammation or neurology helpful but not essential.
Applicants should submit a CV and covering letter by email
Apply for Synthetic/Medicinal Chemist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly