Senior Environmental Auditor
AWE are currently recruiting for a Senior Environmental Auditor
This role will be to lead the development and delivery of the Environmental Audit programme. Lead and conduct environmental internal audits in accordance with the agreed audit programme and business requirements.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
You will be required to:
- Coordinate the delivery of and lead audits within the agreed environmental audit programme
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gain agreement to audit findings and follow-up audit issues and actions
- Provision of a monthly performance/delivery report to the Head of Environment on the environmental audit programme and close-out of follow-up issues and actions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and seek approval for the annual environmental audit programme
- Develop and proactively manage the interface/relationship with all internal and external regulators/stakeholders
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills:
- Relevant degree or management based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or commensurate practical experience.
- Certified ISO14001:2015 lead auditor
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.