Research Scientist -Analytical Chemistry
Contract Type :One year fixed term- maternity cover
Location:Waltham Centre for Pet Nutrition, Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire, UK
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
- Require scientific expertise in analytical chemistry to plan and execute laboratory projects
- Develop new laboratory capabilities to support the current and future research needs.
- Provide training to other laboratory users in experimental methods specific to analytical chemistry.
- Communicate research findings through written reports and scientific publications and presentations to key internal customers and stakeholders.
- Provide laboratory ownership for the analytical chemistry laboratory areas by ensuring that methods and techniques are carried out safely, accurately and that data generated from the lab is of robust scientific quality by all who work in that lab.
- Ensure laboratory consumables and equipment are maintained to a high standard.
What we want from you:
- A degree within the field of analytical chemistry or associated chemistry subject is essential.
- A Masters or PhD in a relevant scientific subject is desirable.
- Experience of working in industry is preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate scientific messages with accuracy and clarity.
- Experience of oversight and teaching others in experimental techniques is highly desirable.
What we offer:
- Great career progression
- Range of in-house training
- Competitive salary, bonus and range of large company benefits
We know its important to you to find out as much about us as possible, so following a review of your CV the first stage will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a chance for you to ask lots of questions.
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!