Laboratory Technician - Gas Chromatography
5 days left
- Full Time
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a leading-edge science consultancy offering research, analysis, training and consultancy to our clients globally, primarily blue chip food and pharmaceutical companies. We do with passion, integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver enhanced value to our clients.
Not only that but we’re supporting our parent company – Mondelēz International – where we operate as the Reading Science Centre. That means we’re both agile and autonomous whilst enjoying the development and growth of being connected to the biggest snacking company in the world.
In this role, you will be working in our Pharmaceutical division. You will be supporting the team by carrying out a range of routine analysis using gas chromatography technique. You will passionate about Chemistry with a drive to learn. You will be a fresh graduate or have proven work experience in a laboratory where we will provide you with the training and support required to carry out this role.
- To perform a range of routine analysis using gas chromatography technique under supervision of a senior member of staff.
- To perform analytical work following study protocols or pharmacopoeia.
- To be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Q-Pulse and OpenLab.
- To perform Lab admin and housekeeping duties as required.
- To work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHHs), risk assessments and Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) are understood and followed.
- To assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- Educated to Degree / HNC level or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory, preferably in the field Chemistry.
- Good understanding of basic lab equipment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications
- Practical experience in gas chromatography technique preferred.
- English fluency (written and spoken).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please be aware that this role may require handling of materials that may contain chemicals, solvents and allergens, and the appropriate protective wear will be supplied.