Graduate Laboratory Technician - Wet Chemistry
What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity within our fast-paced Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory where you will be carrying out a variety of wet chemistry techniques – i.e. UV, FTIR, titrations and gravimetric techniques. You will be a fresh graduate looking for an analytical role with a passion for Chemistry and a drive to learn. In return, you will be exposed to working with a large, varied team and a great benefits package!
Please note that this role works on an early shift pattern Monday to Friday 6 AM – 2 PM.
- Perform a range of pharmacopoeial routine analysis using wet chemistry techniques such as UV, FTIR, titrations and gravimetric techniques under minimal supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
- Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse and OpenLab.
- Take responsibility as required for elements of specific projects and/or specific areas of general laboratory/sample administration.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- Assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Educated with a Chemistry related or Pharmaceutical Science degree.
- Previous work experience of working in a laboratory not necessary but preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- English fluency (written and spoken).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.