Chromatography DIA and TEA Account Manager
Fixed Term Contract.
The Account Manager Chromatography Sales will ensure delivery of targets by selling Chromatography product portfolio as specified; HPLC, Gas Chromatography, Ion Chromatography, Elemental, DIA and Chromeleon Software to both the private and public sectors within the defined geographical area.
The position holder will need to interface with all members of sales, support and service groups within Chromatograph. In addition support cross-selling activities with other CMD sales & Thermo Fisher divisions.
With over 15,000 customers, our Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD ) is helping scientist to translate new discoveries in ground breaking ways. Our Solutions are helping to analyse water and air quality, as well aid the fight against doping in Sports.
UK remote field based role covering St.Albans, London, Enfield, Guildford, Harrow, Hemel Hempstead, Ilford, Luton, Slough, Southall, Watford.
What will you do?
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying prospective buyers of Thermo Scientific Chromatography products and services within the defined geographical region. This activity will require a high level of business development seeking out new accounts within your defined territory as well as servicing of existing accounts.
- Expand market share for Thermo Fisher Scientific Chromatography Product Portfoli, HPLC, Gas Chromatography, Ion Chromatography, Elemental, DIA and Chromeleon Software. High End Instrument sales.
- To negotiate contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
- Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database (SFDC).
- Provide accurate timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management
- Be able to clearly identify and interpret customer’s requirements, shape and align their requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities and apply Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions to the customer’s needs and effectively communicate these to customers.
- Exchange Account Information and Sales Leads within and across Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial divisions
- Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
- When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the Company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in your own territory.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with your immediate colleagues in the Thermo Fisher Scientific Sales and Service groups as well as with other Thermo Fisher Scientific colleagues to ensure at all times a high level of customer satisfaction with our products and services.
- Consistently achieve or exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Consistently meet assigned KPI’s as set by sales management in the driving of commercial activities in region.
Who we are looking for:
- Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline preferably with a strong sales or technical background in Chromatography
- Relevant experience in a sales or marketing environment be it capital analytical equipment sales/marketing or a consumables environment. Alternatively a candidate with no sales experience but someone with a strong commercial awareness and a good knowledge of Chromatography would be considered.
- A broad familiarity of the following industries: Pharmaceutical, CRO, Environmental, Food/Flavors, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics, and Chemical Industry.
- Ability to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Motivation and desire to be successful with a “can do” approach
- Ability to learn and assimilate new information
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Personable phone manner
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Must be a team player with ability to interface across internal and external complex matrix organizations
- The position requires the ability to travel within your defined geographical area and on occasions to facilities across Europe
- Ability to travel
- Hold a valid Driving license
What’s in it for you?
We offer excellent opportunities to progress your career along with training and a chance to be a part of a growing successful organization.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realize your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!