Account Manager Chromatography and Trace Elemental Products
The Account Manager Chromatography Sales is responsible for ensuring delivery of targets by selling Chromatography product portfolio as currently specified; HPLC, Gas Chromatography, Ion Chromatography, Elemental, DIA and Chromeleon Software to both the private and public sectors within the defined geographical area of Cambridge and a number of surrounding postcodes CB, CO, IP, NR, PE.
The position holder will need to interface with all members of sales, support and service groups within Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry division (CMD). In addition support cross-selling activities with other CMD sales & Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions.
UK remote field based role for Cambridge and the surrounding area
What will you do?
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying prospective buyers of Thermo Scientific products and services within the defined geographical region. With the goal of expanding market share, this activity will require a high level of business development seeking out new accounts within your defined territory as well as servicing of existing accounts.
- To negotiate contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
- Support Revenue recognition activities.
- Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database (SFDC).
- Provide accurate timely weekly sales forecasts to sales management
- Be able to clearly identify and interpret customer’s requirements, shape and align their requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities and apply Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions to the customer’s needs and effectively communicate these to customers.
- Exchange Account Information and Sales Leads within and across Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial divisions
- Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
- When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the Company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in your own territory.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with your immediate colleagues in the Thermo Fisher Scientific Sales and Service groups as well as with other Thermo Fisher Scientific colleagues to ensure at all times a high level of customer satisfaction with our products and services.
- Consistently achieve or exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Review, maintain and manage compliance to key performance indicators (KPI’s) as set by sales leadership in the driving of commercial activities in region
Who we are looking for:
- Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline preferably with a strong sales or technical background in Chromatography
- Relevant experience in a sales or marketing environment be it capital analytical equipment sales/marketing or a consumables environment. Alternatively a candidate with no sales experience but someone with a strong commercial awareness and a good knowledge of analytical instrumentation would be considered.
- A broad familiarity of the following industries: Pharmaceutical, CRO, Environmental, Food/Flavours, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics and Chemical Industry.
- Ability to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Motivation and desire to be successful with a “can do” approach
- Ability to learn and assimilate new information
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Personable phone manner
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Must be a team player with ability to interface across internal and external complex matrix organizations
- The position requires the ability to travel within your defined geographical area and on occasions to facilities across Europe
Essential minimum skills required:
- Minimum Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A good level of interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills
- Must reside within assigned Territory
What’s in it for you?
We offer excellent opportunities to progress your career along with training and a chance to be a part of a growing successful organization.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realize your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!