Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopist
- A team player who enjoys working with others
- Someone who is keen to develop their personal and professional skills through training and mentorship
- Someone who is creative and enjoys problem solving
We are looking for an NMR spectroscopist to join our Chemical, Biological and Radiological (CBR) Division who can bring expertise in the area of NMR spectroscopy, primarily in the analysis of solution state samples.
You will work within an integrated Analytical Chemistry Capability, delivering routine analyses, short- and longer-term research and operational support which directly resolves a dynamic stakeholder requirement for defendable, evidence-based advice to inform tactical or strategic planning across Defence, Security and International partners.
You will work as part of a small team of NMR specialists within the wider Analytical Chemistry Capability and have the opportunity to work closely with team members and senior scientific staff, project managers as well as the line management chain.
The following skills are essential:
- A BsC in a physical sciences subject (or equivalent industrial experience)
- Understanding of the theoretical background to nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Practical experience in the use of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Proven ability to work well in a team
Open to UK nationals only. This job is not open to candidates who hold a dual nationality.
If you’re passionate about helping to keep our nation safe, please visit: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi and search for the vacancy reference. Follow the instructions to apply.