Principal Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopist
- Someone who is creative within the research and development area
- A team player who enjoys working with others
- Someone who is keen to develop their personal and professional skills through training and mentorship
- Someone who wishes to expand science and technology networks including developing international collaborations?
We are looking for a Principal NMR Spectroscopist to join our Chemical, Biological and Radiological (CBR) Division who will bring expertise in the area of NMR spectroscopy, primarily in the analysis of solution state samples but also in the analysis of solid state samples and/or use of magnetic resonance imaging.
You will work within an integrated analytical chemistry capability, delivering short and longer term research, capability enhancement and operational support which directly resolves a dynamic stakeholder requirement for defendable evidence based advice to inform tactical or strategic planning across Defence, Security and International partners.
You will work with expert team members who have a variety of skills, project managers and line managers and show pride and passion for improving science and technology at Dstl within the analytical chemistry area and wider CBR Division.
Your skills will be orientated around the following:
- An understanding of the theoretical background to nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Proven ability to work well in a team
- Practical experience in the use of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy You will need postdoctoral (or equivalent industrial) experience specifically in NMR, along with practical experience in the use of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Membership of a relevant scientific body (e.g. Royal Society of Chemistry) is desirable.
Open to UK nationals only. This job is not open to candidates who hold a dual nationality.
If you’re passionate about helping to keep our nation safe, please visit: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi and search for the vacancy reference. Follow the instructions to apply.