Industrial Process Chemist
Industrial Chemist | Process Chemist | MSDS | Environmental | Plant | Factory | Refinery | Thermal Processing | Chemical Processing | ICP Machine | AAS Machine | Chemistry | Chemical Engineering | Waste
Industrial Process Chemist
£25,000 - £35,000 plus benefits
A fantastic opening has arisen for an experienced and innovative Process | Industrial Chemist with a good knowledge of inorganic chemistry to make your mark in this successful, well-established thermal and chemical treatment operation in Derbyshire. This business is privately owned and forms part of a global group of companies across Europe, US & Asia. Established in 2000 the business has grown exponentially by their commitment to providing clients with a first-class service whilst maintaining the highest environmental standards. This is strengthened by a continual investment in innovative technology enabling a flexible and tailored service offering.
The organisation has excellent staff retention records underpinned by a supportive and collaborative working culture. The leadership team are passionate about the future growth and development of the business and investment in people is high on the agenda.
The Derbyshire site is a very successful and busy Plant | Refinery and this has led to the decision to recruit an industrial | Plant Chemist to work with the management team to optimize processes, come up with new treatment methods, ensure hazardous materials are handled correctly and play a key role in supporting future growth and goals. This is a new position which requires a BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or chemical engineering and a minimum of five years’ experience within a ‘Plant / Factory’ environment. The successful candidate will be ‘hands on’ and proactive and will be used to taking the lead in new initiatives to enable the business to deliver a better and more efficient service.
Key responsibilities include:
- To play a key role in developing and optimising the thermal and chemical processes
- Testing, monitoring and executing the best treatment and recovery methods for different incoming materials, development processes from lab scale to full production scale
- Assisting in the classification of those materials defined as hazardous and the precautions that required to subsequently process
- To assist in the interpretation of customer ‘MSDS’s’ to decide whether they can be accepted for treatment
- Working with the Environmental Manager to look at waste streams that are removed from the site with a view to minimise this waste
- To work in identifying new types of processing to increase the scope of material we can treat
- Making recommendations to management about future developments or processes
- Based in Derbyshire with occasional travel to other sites as and when required within Europe or the UK to meet customers to better understand the customer, materials and any related opportunities or problems.
To take part in developing and optimising the thermal and chemical processes
- A minimum of BSc or equivalent in chemistry | chemical engineering
- A Self motivated ‘team player’ who is passionate about their work with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Takes a practical approach process development, operation and optimization
- Is very comfortable working “hands on” with production equipment and in process areas, as well as in the laboratory.
- Good communication skills and adept at liaising with management and operations colleagues, as well as interacting with customers
- The successful candidate must have a good knowledge of inorganic chemistry and a basic knowledge of organic chemistry.
- Experience and knowledge of the use of laboratory machines for testing will be required such as ICP machine and AAS (Atomic Absorption Spectrometer)
Please note that this role is being managed by our recruitment partner, Baseline Recruit. If this role is of interest please forward a copy of your CV with a cover letter to, Tracey Ellis at Baseline Recruit; firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 0161 302 2364 or 07581 494222.