Membership Recruitment Executive - Industry
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) has an opportunity for a Membership Recruitment Executive to join us on a permanent basis. The RSC delivers a programme of recruitment and retention visits to industrial institutions in the UK and overseas and as our Membership Recruitment Executive for Industry, you will help us increase our membership and wider growth in the industrial sectors.
Based at our Science Park Cambridge office (free onsite parking), you will frequently visit industrial sites in the UK and overseas, meeting with a range of existing and potential members from recent graduates, through to senior directors. This will include membership sales, both on a business-to-customer and business-to-business basis, so you will need to be able to travel and work flexible hours within a full-time week.
With your innovative approach, you will identify and manage recruitment and retention activities across all relevant sectors within the chemical science industry environment. You will also support our wider work and the development and implementation of new products, activities and services, working collaboratively across teams and closely with marketing and communications colleagues. You will also support the evaluation of academic transcripts against the criteria for membership to support the deliberations of the Admissions Committee.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community, connecting the world of science to advance chemical knowledge for a better future. We publish new research. We develop, recognise and celebrate professional capabilities. We bring people together to spark new ideas and new partnerships. We support teachers to inspire future generations of scientists. And we speak up to influence the people making decisions that affect us all.
We are looking for:
- Fundamental understanding of the importance of the RSC's membership and role as a professional body and how it relates to the chemical science industries and its employees.
- A degree or equivalent experience in a chemical science subject is essential.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially in networking and developing effective working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy along with strong negotiation skills. Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Experience in business-to-customer and business-to-business focused environments.
- Ability to develop and implement new approaches and initiatives to ensure success, driving growth within the RSC's industry communities.
- Willing to travel, work flexible hours, and preferably holding a full UK driving licence.
In return, we will support your development and reward your contribution with excellent benefits.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.