This a Royal Society of Chemistry funded Internship.
At Materialize.X, we are working on some of the most challenging and exiting problems around in AI and Chemistry. We are building a team of researchers, AI experts & business developers to change industries. If you are looking for a challenging, diverse and collaborative environment. We’re looking for a full or part-time Chemist or biochemist to join our startup in Biscuit Factory, London. The role is a unique opportunity to face unique challenges, extend your skills, organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, fundamental research.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the development and manufacture of an innovative bio-based binder for industrial applications. The position requires the ability to understand and follow lab procedures, knowledge of basic chemistry or bio chemistry and independent thinking. The primary responsibility will be in assisting in-house scientists and the CTO in carrying out lab experiments.
The position requires the ability to think on your feet and basic knowledge of chemistry. The primary responsibility will be working as part of a team to build design experiments, setup supply chain and execute assays to determine the potential of small molecule and macromolecular excipients and additives to enhance the performance characteristics of novel non-toxic industrial adhesives for the wood industry.
Area of chemistry: Applied chemistry, bio chemistry, design of experiments, assay development and validation, composition profiling & target composition assessment.
• Scaling up a novel Bio-Adhesive to manufacturing stage
• Working with Software team to optimise adhesive to manufacturing requirements
• In charge of your own project with clients and work closely with the core team
• Work with different stakeholders to scale up our adhesive and align it with our commercial strategy
• Support the building of an inclusive culture that fosters collaboration, cultivates original ideas, embraces curiosity
• You have an intrinsic need to CREATE and are able to prove you are able to act on decisions
• Comfortable with ambiguity and able to act with confidence in a high performance culture
• You can support others to understand different perspectives and use this ability to continually help teams to find common ground
• You have proven experience in building relationships with people from a diverse background
• You act as the leader of change and need to be comfortable with considered discomfort and challenge
• Initiative to solve problems with solutions that are repeatable, scalable and sustainable
• You are flexible, adaptable and can bring simplicity to complex process and ideas
• Experience in, and an appetite for, working in a fast paced, constantly changing and dynamic environment
PhD researcher or post doc, other degrees might be considered, if accompanied by relevant experience and side projects.
Apply for Chemist/Biochemist Intern
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly