Principal Medicinal Chemist
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Principal Medicinal Chemist to join a leading Bio-pharmaceutical company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Principal Medicinal Chemist you will be responsible for leading the medicinal chemistry projects for the company with the aim of delivering high-quality small molecule development candidates.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Medicinal Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Manage remote teams of medicinal/synthetic chemists at CRO's, working collaboratively to ensure company project teams, collaborators and colleagues in the biology function with the aim of successfully delivering high quality candidate molecules.
2. The Principal Medicinal Chemist will draft patent applications, communicate company strategies and maintain subject matter expertise of medicinal chemistry and immuno-metabolism.
3. You will integrate project biology, DMPK, Safety and Toxicology Data enabling hit- to -lead optimisation through molecular design to develop a successful drug development function.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Medicinal Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry with sufficient industrial drug discovery experience.
2. A working knowledge and practical experience with inventorship on patent applications on biologically important molecules.
Key Words: Group Leader / Medicinal Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Drug Discovery / Development / Chemical / Synthesis / Syntheses / CRO / Pharmaceutical / Organic Synthesis / Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Synthetic Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry / Lead Optimisation / Drug Discovery / Target Molecules / Target Compounds / Optimise Synthesis / Candidate Molecules / Small Molecule /
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.