Upstream Process Scientist
We are currently looking for an Upstream Process Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Upstream Process Scientist you will be responsible for aiding in process development and optimisation of early and late stage projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Upstream Process Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be predominantly lab based and will undertake a range of analytical biochemistry techniques in order to understand the impact of fermentation and primary recovery parameters on process performance, biology of the cells, impact on downstream processing and product quality attributes.
2. You will assist with method development, assay optimisation and will be responsible for analysing laboratory data and presenting results during internal meetings.
3. You will be looking at upstream processing activities, as well as the associated analytical methods and providing traceable records of laboratory work, report writing and experimental designs
4. You will process troubleshooting investigations, characterisation, and evaluation of cellular responses to process operations, assessment of effects on product quality and determination of process scalability.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a relevant Scientific discipline
2. Proven industry experience in biologics, pharmaceuticals or drug discovery, working with bioanalytical techniques in a process development environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with fermentation / cell culture systems. Also, experience with methods such as HPLC, SDS PAGE and TECAN would be beneficial.
Upstream / Process / Cell Viability / Assays / SDS-PAGE / Plate Based Assays / Upstream Processing / Scientist / Pharmaceutical / Bioreactor / Biochemical Engineering / Degree / PhD / Fermentation / Shake flask / Capillary / HPLC / Affinity Purification / SOP's / Laboratory / Pilot Scale Equipment / Bioprocess / UPLC / Capillary Electrophoresis /
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.