Accreditation & Chartered Chemist Programme Manager
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for an Accreditation & Chartered Chemist Programme Manager to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis. You will be based at our Science Park Cambridge office (free on-site parking and close to Cambridge North train station and the guided busway), with frequent UK and International travel.
As Accreditation & Chartered Chemist Programme Manager for the Royal Society of Chemistry, you will be part of our management team for Accreditation & Careers, where your primary objectives will be to execute the RSC’s agenda on Chartered Status and Degree Accreditation. Predominantly, you will safeguard professional standards, influencing direction in this area, to deliver growth in these activities, working closely with our wider team and other teams across the organisation. You will also manage a small team and projects of up to £500k with a budget of £500k revenue and £250k expenditure.
If interested in this role, please apply if you:
- Possess a first degree in Chemistry.
- Are (or are eligible to be) a Member (MRSC) and a Chartered Chemist (CChem).
- Have a strong background in chemistry with extensive proven postgraduate experience focused on delivery.
- Have line management, project and change management skills and experience.
- Appreciate quality assurance procedures and associated competencies to work professionally within the chemical sciences.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the content and structure of chemical science qualifications provided by Higher Education Institutions in the British Isles, with a good understanding of provision elsewhere internationally.
- Understand and have experience of professional development through chartership and other professional recognition.
- Possess IT knowledge and skills used in a variety of business contexts.
- Have an analytical mind and are able to think around problems, reach judgments and find solutions.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support your development and reward your contribution with excellent benefits.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date. If short listed, interviews will be held at our Cambridge office on Tuesday 7 May or Thursday 9 May 2019.