Assistant International Accountant
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) has a great career opportunity for an Assistant International Accountant to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis.
You will be based at our Science Park, Cambridge office (free onsite parking and close to the guided busway and Cambridge North train station) and will also travel internationally to visit our offices in India, USA, Japan and China.
As our Assistant International Accountant, you will support our Head of International Finance in managing the finances for the international subsidiaries of the registered charity, The Royal Society of Chemistry.
Working closely with our International Accountant, you will help to ensure that the RSC meets all of its statutory obligations overseas, including annual audits and regulatory and tax compliance.
Producing budgets for our international teams and ensuring timely reporting on financial performance, you will also work closely with our Processing and Treasury Supervisors and our Business Partners.
We are looking for:
- Requires, as a minimum, a part qualified ACA/ACCA accountant working towards the relevant final stage examinations.
- Capable of working within tight month-end deadlines and taking responsibility for sections of the reporting timetable.
- Proactive and capable of engaging with external parties such as auditors and tax advisors.
- Keen attention to detail, assuring the accuracy of outputs.
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP or IAS, and some familiarity with the key charity reporting requirements as set out in the latest SORP.
- Experience working with international subsidiaries, especially in the United States, India and China, would be beneficial.
- A working knowledge of VAT (compliance and accounting requirements).
- In addition, the applicant should be confident using computerised accounting systems including ideally; Sun Accounts and Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project etc.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support your development and reward your contribution with excellent benefits.
If interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.