Scientist 2 - Wet Chemistry
Scientist 2 - Wet Chemistry
Req #: 1813783
Location: Reading, England UK
Job Category: Research, Development & Quality
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), is a leading-edge contract organisation offering research, analysis and consultancy to a global client base. We engage with a diverse selection of start-up companies through to established blue-chip food and pharmaceutical companies. Our commitment is great science, integrity and excellent customer focus assuring that we deliver value to our clients.
RSSL also supports our parent company, Mondelēz International, where we operate as the Reading Science Centre for Mondelez. This means that we have the agility and autonomy of being in a small company whilst enjoying the development and growth of being in a large multinational organisation.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Wet Chemistry Scientist to join our Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory which performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
The role of Scientist II is to undertake a practical role with various technical supervisory responsibilities within the Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory. The role will play a key part in ensuring that projects are performed and supervised effectively and accurately, within agreed timescales and to appropriate quality standards. This role focuses on the routine analyses of raw materials and method verification using wet chemistry techniques. The role will also involve the training of junior members of the team as required, client contact and administrative support for laboratory management.
Different work patterns apply (early, standard day and later options).
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of generated analytical data and timely / accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of routine analyses using wet chemistry techniques independently and provide interpretation of the generated results as required.
- Perform method verfication and design study protocols with support.
- Assist with technical aspects for client proposals for routine pharmacopoeia studies.
- Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities and methods.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Communication & Influence:
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team.
- To liaise with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Participate in client and stakeholder meetings as required.
- Deliver presentations to technical stakeholders and clients as required.
- Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects.
- Leadership and supervision.
- Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff.
- Train junior members of the team in routine methods.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions on a timely manner.
- Assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Ensure training records are accurate.
- Educated to Degree or PhD in Chemistry or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Good understanding of wet chemistry lab equipment.
- Scientific understanding and ability to independently conduct chemical analysis in relevant area.
- Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer / business requirements.
- Well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate with clients and colleagues.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- Able to organise own work and others to maximise output.
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications.
- Experience of working with wet chemistry techniques.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- English fluency (written and spoken).