Req #: 1902909
Location: Reading, England UK
Job Category: Research, Development & Quality
What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
At RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory performs a wide range of analytical analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation.
The role of Senior Technician is to be responsible for performing a range of routine analyses, ensuring that projects are completed effectively and meet the customer’s contractual agreements. The role will also involve performing chemical analysis and report work in accordance with the quality standards. This role focuses on the analysis of products using Gas Chromatography technique.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of routine analysis using Gas Chromatography technique under supervision of a senior member of staff.
- To perform analytical work following study protocols or pharmacopoeia.
- Operate basic lab equipment as directed.
- Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Q-Pulse and OpenLab.
- Provide training in routine activities and methods.
- Perform lab admin and housekeeping duties as directed.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Communication & Influence:
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team.
- Participate in the preparation of client quotes.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHHs), risk assessments and Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions on a timely manner.
- Assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) and United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
- Ensure training records are accurate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree / HNC level in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Good understanding of basic lab equipment (preferred).
- Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer / business requirements.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- Well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications.
- Practical experience in Gas Chromatography technique (preferred).
- Scientific understanding and ability to conduct chemical analysis in relevant area under supervision.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (preferred).
- English fluency (written and spoken) (required).