Warringtonfire has an opportunity for a Technical Officer to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity to develop your career within a Global TIC business. Warringtonfire exists to help make certain that the materials, products and processes that we test, inspect and certify for our customers are always safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose. Warringtonfire is proud to be part of Element, the market leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
Responsibilities Responsible officer for timely delivery, accuracy and validity of all testing and reporting activity of Smoke and Toxicity product testing within Reaction to Fire Department, including:
- Reading and interpreting complex test standards Ensuring tests are conducted in accordance with test standard and in line with customer requirements Checking and validating of test results Challenge and investigate inaccurate test results Preparation and writing of client test reports and technical content Client support and technical advice via phone, email and face to face meetings Checking of FTIR spectra Troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment Calibration exercises (FTIR) Providing sales forecasts Compiling COSHH assessments Leading visits from UKAS Ensuring quality and health and safety compliance Use of CRM, Fireman, Microsoft word and Excel packages
Supervise, coach and develop the Smoke and Toxicity team (Technical Assistants).
- Provide line management support for up to 4 staff members Manage and overseeing the Technical Assistants workload and testing priorities Ensure team members are sufficiently trained and validated in testing areas Conduct career development discussions and performance management review (PMR) process for team members
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science - Chemistry or Physics preferable
- Previous experience of working within a laboratory environment
- Experience of analyzing/interpreting test results
- Knowledge of spectroscopy techniques, for example Infrared (IR)
- Supervisory/management experience would be desirable
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace complex environment
- Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities both internal and customers
- Ability to translate and effectively communicate complex technical detail to people of all levels both externally and internally
- Able to make informed decisions and confidence to stand by / justify these decisions
- Ability to interpret test results and use knowledge/background to understand when test results are inaccurate
- Ability to create a strong team culture and lead by example
- Ability to develop and coach team members and engage with them regarding their personal/professional development
- Practical laboratory skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Open and effective communicator
Company Overview We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
Diversity Statement At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.