Branded Content Editor
Chemistry World is a leading magazine for chemical scientists worldwide. It is a valuable benefit for members of the Royal Society Chemistry and reaches a large international audience online. It provides a variety of content in print and digital channels, including news, features, opinions, podcasts and webinars.
Branded content has a key role to play in both our commercial and communication strategies. The delivery of high quality, engaging content on behalf of companies is an important source of revenue as well as a means to create and deepen commercial and strategic relationships with other organisations. In addition, content distributed by the Royal Society of Chemistry through Chemistry World, for both member and non-member audiences, supports the mission of the Royal Society of Chemistry and furthers its goals as a leading voice for chemistry on the national and international stage.
We are looking for a Branded Content Editor to work with the Editor and the Commercial Manager as well as the wider Chemistry World team to deliver our strategic objectives.
- Developing commercial sources of revenue through successful pitching to new and existing clients.
- Overseeing creation, delivery and promotion of branded content across print, digital and social channels.
- Working with commercial clients to identify and meet their objectives through branded content opportunities.
- Creating, commissioning and editing branded content to fulfil client briefs.
- Supporting the communication of key messages and promotions from the Royal Society of Chemistry via Chemistry World.
- Engaging with our communities by providing and promoting high quality content on innovations in the chemical industries.
This opportunity is available on a temporary, full-time (35-hour week) basis for approximately 12 months, based at our Cambridge Science Park office (free onsite parking), with some national and international travel.
We are looking for:
- A physical or life science degree and/or significant STM publishing experience gained within a magazines environment.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with different audiences and to present complex ideas in an accessible and engaging way.
- A keen journalistic sense and demonstrable understanding of commissioning and positioning content that is timely and meaningful to an audience.
- Familiarity with publishing content in print, digital, app and social media and an appreciation of preparing content for print and digital channels.
- Experience of working with freelancers including scheduling, developing stories and agreeing rates and deliverables.
- A broad knowledge of topical developments in the chemical and life sciences.
- A broad knowledge of digital content production and distribution techniques and technologies. Ability to represent the RSC at a variety of scientific conferences and events.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Ability to understand and contribute to the magazine’s overall objectives and strategy.
- Highly motivated and able to work with relatively little supervision.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will reward your contribution with excellent benefits.
If you are interested, please apply before the end of our closing date, including examples of your writing in your application.