Fuel Development Team Intern
6 Month Internship from 03/07/2019 to 03/01/2020:
Babwe Barton is an Applied Sciences Organisation based in Harpenden, Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom, currently working on advanced Emission Reduction and Energy Systems. The technology, in product development, is designed to reduce Carbon, Nitrogen and Fine Particulate emissions with the commercial benefits of generating energy; both electricity and other commercial by-products.
Babwe Barton is looking for an individual to join our Fuel Development Team, initially as an Intern with the expectation that this role will become a full-time position, to assist in various analytical and development testing of both the fuel and fuelling system. This work will require the individual to perform various tests for efficiency and material fatigue, including but not limited to calorimetric, combustion efficiency, corrosion and temperature testing in lab conditions. The role will also include collaborative work with our academic partnerships in terms of project management, product design and development and analytical work.
The ideal candidate:
• Will have a Masters, Phd or equivalent laboratory and research experience.
• Must be able to work independently, and in a team.
• Is able to project manage and maintain time constraints.
• Have experience / background in thermodynamic / kinetic analysis.
• Be Laboratory experienced including testing with high temperature / high pressure.
• Must be capable of Matlab Scripting.
This role has the expectation of permanent employment upon successful completion of the Internship.