Role - Facility Engineer
Location - Valduc
Package - Base salary plus contributory pension scheme, relocation package, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance.
Facility Engineer required as a member of an internal engineering service delivery function. The role purpose is to provide professional engineering support (building services or process plant & equipment) controls & instrumentation, civil, structural, highways. The role is positioned within a multi-disciplined engineering team which is tasked with work across the full suite of plant/facilities/systems at VALDUC, France.
- The Facility Engineer will be required to apply appropriate engineering principles, best practice and know-how in the provision of engineering services and professional advice.
- Identify technical problems, evaluate options and formulate solutions to achieve satisfactory conclusions.
- Provide an engineering interface with operations, service providers, design authorities, project personnel and other stakeholders in the development and execution of engineering activities.
- As an intelligent customer for the client the role holder will be expected to liaise with peers and stakeholders such as subject specialists, other disciplines etc to deliver an integrated and correct solution.
- Deliver the activities of the role in a manner that will not compromise the Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards as required by the AWE Policy Statement.
- Ensure that safety risks and business risks associated with engineering activities are assessed and that appropriate checks, controls and precautions are taken.
- Review as required: engineering, methods, defects, maintenance faults, non-conformances and problem areas.
- Use evidence from the reviews to improve effectiveness, reliability, maintainability and economy, leading to continuous improvement.
- Evaluate maintenance and effectiveness of maintenance plans and make recommendations as appropriate. Work with contract maintenance teams to optimise delivery.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with Building control systems and operation.
- A working knowledge of the engineering activities associated with operating and maintaining plant/facilities, and building services systems
- Knowledge of engineering principles and best practices - e.g the standards and legislation pertinent to the activity/discipline being undertaken
- Working knowledge of configuration control and maintenance.
- Knowledge of diagnostic and trouble shooting methods and techniques such as root cause analysis on process plant or building services equipment.
- General knowledge of The Health & Safety at Work Regulations, CDM and other regulatory requirements associated with the role.
- ONC or City and Guilds with sufficient post-training accumulated experience in a defined and relevant discipline or HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline
- The ability to communicate in the French Language is essential for this role.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities.