Senior R&D Chemist
About Dr. Reddy’s
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. is an integrated pharmaceutical company, committed to accelerating access to affordable and innovative medicines. Through its three businesses - Pharmaceutical Services & Active Ingredients, Global Generics and Proprietary Products, Dr. Reddy’s offers a portfolio of products and services including APIs, custom pharmaceutical services, generics, biosimilars and differentiated formulations. Our major therapeutic areas of focus are gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, diabetology, oncology, pain management and dermatology. Dr. Reddy’s operates in markets across the globe. Our major markets include – USA, India, Russia & CIS countries and Europe.
To know more about Dr. Reddy’s please visit us at www.drreddys.com
About this position
Dr Reddy’s wish to appoint an experienced R&D professional to an interesting role at the Mirfield site. Current products are a diverse range of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), from kilos to tonnes manufactured per annum
Academic Background and Experience required
- Minimum BSc Chemistry with demonstrated, relevant R&D experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is essential
- Thorough understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) in relation to both R&D and manufacturing activities is essential
- A background in prostaglandin process development and manufacture would be an advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Laboratory based process development to enable successful scale-up of new products and deliver improvements in safety, quality and throughput
- Report writing, including preparation of key documentation relating to safety and quality which support introduction of new processes and existing process changes
- Involvement in technology transfer, both to and from other manufacturing sites
- Good/safe experimental practice and general safety including risk assessments and COSHH assessments. Maintaining laboratory notebooks to the required company standards
- Technical support to manufacturing colleagues including process supervision and troubleshooting.
Key skills and personal attributes:
- Excellent technical and practical skills
- Ability to write reports and other documents which support cGMP manufacture
- Interpersonal, team-working and organisational skills
- Proactive, with an ability to operate on own initiative
- Problem-solving and innovation
- Familiarity with Agilent HPLC and GC equipment, including Empower operating systems.
A competitive base salary commensurate with skills and experience plus a generous benefits package including bonus, DC pension scheme & AVC, private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, gym membership, enhanced maternity & paternity leave and 25 days’ annual leave plus statutory holidays.