Information Science Analyst
We are currently looking for a Information Science Analyst to join a leading company based in the Slough, Berkshire area. As the Information Science Analyst you will be responsible for data analysis within a pharmaceutical arena.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Information Science Analyst will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide support to therapeutic projects, delivering competitive analysis and scientific literature reviews to the research department for drug discovery and technology evaluation projects.
2. Work with internal clients to understand their requests and deliver insight/solutions that will enable actionable outcomes.
3. Able to extract, compare and evaluate large data sets from scientific literature and patents.
4. Evaluate new information sources that might enhance competitor intelligence
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Information Science Analyst we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc/ MSc degree in scientific field such as Chemistry / Bioinformatics / Computational Chemistry / Data analysis
2. A thorough understanding of informatics principles, and basic knowledge of early stage drug discovery.
3. Proven industry experience in drug research and gene therapies is highly desirable.
4. Experience working with information search techniques and pharmaceutical databases.
Key Words: Information scientist, analyst, business intelligence, scientific literature review, data collection and processing, drug discovery, competitor insight, data analyst
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.